Friday, April 13, 2012

I don't want to forget...

This happened back in February, but I have been telling myself for weeks to blog it or I will forget it...

On Thursday mornings, Annabelle, Adalyn, Landis and I go to Community Bible Study (CBS) in Lubbock. It starts at 9:15 so I try to walk out the door by 8:30. On this particular Thursday in February, I went out to my car to load up the ridiculous amount of bags/diaper bag/purse I have to take with me. I got to the car and was surprised to find it locked. We live out in the boonies and I rarely, if ever, lock my car. Anyway, I came back inside and instantly went on a search for my keys. Neno had been the last to have them so I started texting and calling him to ask where he put them. Of course, I had already checked the places that he thought they might be. I am starting to panic, because they are no where to be found and they are the only set that we own.

As I was texting my core leader at CBS to tell her that I might be late or that we might not make it at all, the house phone rings and I recognize it as Ropes Elementary School. I answer the phone to a sweet, yet very confused voice on the other end that says, "Mommy, your keys were in my backpack." How in the world???

Seeing as I am stuck at the house and Neno is 30 minutes away at work, I call Jeremy. He was just down the road at the cattle pens and of course, being the hero that he has often been, he went to the school to get them for me. He even had them back at the house in time for us to get on the road to CBS and still be on time.

I have yet to ever figure out how that happened, but at least they were found. Who knows, I was probably putting AG's lunch, notebook and my keys in her bag thinking that was normal. I just chalk it up to another one of my mom-of-four moments. I am sure it is only the first of many.

No comments:

Post a Comment