Friday, March 9, 2012

Tooth Fairy Fun

Two weeks ago, Ava Grace came to me complaining of her gums hurting and though I had no idea what it could be, I said, "maybe you are going to have a loose tooth." Low and behold, when I picked her up from school that day, she was wiggling her bottom tooth (right where she was complaining about the sore gums).

We shipped her off to Ruidoso, with Uncle Mimi and Aunt Bess for a snow skiing weekend (more on that later) and she proceded to wiggle away at that tooth. Uncle Mimi didn't think the tooth would be in much longer and he was right. One week later, right before dinner, we convinced her to push the tooth back with her tongue and her daddy messed with it a little. We got her a kleenex and told her just to pull it. I really didn't think she would just grab it and pull but I was proven wrong. The next thing I knew, she was freaking out from it bleeding (which was all of 2 seconds) and then she was ready to show off her new smile for all to see.

As soon as it was out, we started discussing the tooth fairy and what she thought she would get for the tooth. She quickly let us know that the tooth fairy should bring $5 or $20 so that she can pay to fix her Itouch faster, but that $1 would also be okay. I tried to stear her toward the $1 amount so that she wouldn't be disappointed.

I am pretty sure she ended up with $2 for this first tooth. That is a pretty generous tooth fairy!

We were starting to think she may never lose any teeth, but now that she has, she looks so old and it makes this mommy a little sad. Though I have enjoyed every stage of their lives, I am pretty sure I would keep them babies forever.

2 comments:

  1. Babies are sweet, toddlers are fun, 3's & 4's are hilarious, early elementary gets thoughtful... Even in hindsight, I say that each stage gets better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy, Trace lost his first tooth yesterday...same one as Ava Grace. Nanny told him she'd pay him $5 if she could try and pull it. Money worked and she got it. Then tooth fiary brought $5 and then Momsie threw in another $3. Hopefully he doesn't expect the same for all the others to follow...

    ReplyDelete