Monday, July 19, 2010

Beach Bums

We were invited to join my family for a little beach vacation this year in Galveston. My sister-in-laws family has a beach house there and it was there week to have it and they included us. We love and thank them for including us because we had a blast!!

We left Mom and Dad's house on Tuesday morning - July 6th - also my oldest brother Wayne's 40th birthday!! We arrived around 12:30, ate lunch and hit the beach. We took full advantage of all the sun and waves that we could get. We thought we were going to be rained out all day on Thursday, but the sun finally broke through late that afternoon and we were off.










On Friday, before we left, one of my very best friends, Kristen and her sweet daughter, Presleigh, came over from the Woodlands to play. I am so glad that they did. I don't get to see Kristen nearly enough and we loved getting the girls together.




We left the beach Friday afternoon and decided we were going to go all the way home that day!! But first, we made a stop in Austin to see some other great friends - JP/Dena and there kiddos, Trace/Elizabeth. We had dinner with them and visited for a little while. Then we put the girls in their PJs and threw them in the car. There was no turning back. We were Lubbock bound!!! The girls were really great and I was so impressed with Neno being able to stay awake and get us home safe. I even got to sleep most of the way home. We finally pulled in the driveway at 2:45 a.m. Though it was a long trip, we were so glad that we came on home. I think the girls had missed there beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment