Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Ava Grace @ VBS

This was the first year that Ava Grace could go to Vacation Bible School with her cousins in Austin. We had been talking about it for a few months and she was so excited to go, but before I shipped her off, I had some preparing to do. No, I wasn't worried about her being gone for a week, but more concerned with the fact that my nieces are on swim team and AG was not a great swimmer. She would've told her Aunt Molly that she could because in her mind, she is every bit as good as Marlee - not so much.

Anyway, I decided to put her in swim lessons at the YWCA. Neno took her to the lessons in the evenings and we weren't seeing much progress over the two weeks she was there. So, I decided we had a little more time before she shipped out to take more lessons. Luckily, some other parents at the Y told me about another pool that pretty much guaranteed that your child would swim before their 9 lessons were up. They weren't kidding. We only finished 8 of the 9 and she is a fish that can go anywhere in the pool that she wants.








On June 11, we sent her with Aunt Bess and Uncle MeMe to meet my mom. She played at there house for the weekend and headed to Aunt Molly and Uncle Bubba's on Sunday. Then the crazy week began. Molly kept the girls going non-stop. They swam almost everyday, went to the sprinkler park, went to Zilker park, got ice cream, read books, played dress up and went to VBS ever evening.


Ava Grace was so busy that I talked to her only once that whole week. Molly was so sweet to send update pics of what they were doing.








We went down on Friday for the weekend for my Big Dad's memorial service, Father's day and to get our sweet girl. I missed her!! I think Annabelle missed her too. Ava Grace keeps her corralled and entertained more than I ever realized. I definitely needed AG the day that I was nursing and Annabelle decided she needed to mop the house with the toilet brush and toilet water!!

No comments:

Post a Comment