Thursday, May 19, 2011

Miss Congeniality

I cannot believe that my baby, my first born, is one week away from being done with Kindergarten. I say it all the time and I it is why I blog, but time goes too fast and I don't want to miss super special moments that will be years behind us in no time.

Anyway, this morning, I attended Ava Grace's Kindergarten awards ceremony. All of the kids are awarded multiple awards for the year, like best smile, eager reader, citizenship, etc. I heard these several times for all of the sweet kindergarteners, but there is one that was only used once (I think - my attention was averted some for AB and AM) and it was Miss Congeniality. Guess to whom it went?


You got it, my precious Ava Grace! We have known for almost 6 years that she is not lacking in personality and it obviously stuck around through her first year of school. I pray she always has that sweet spirit that shines through in everything she does and that anyone that gets to share a day with her in school or in play has a brighter day just because of her. I know that we all do.

We are so proud of you Ava Grace. You have worked so hard this year to learn to read and write and it has been so fun to watch the light bulb come on as you have discovered that you know something new everyday.
Me and AG after the assembly. I am one proud Mama!

You also were awarded:
Bold Bowie Brave - You were selected as a Bold Bowie Brave every six weeks since school started so you received a certificate saying, "You are the cream of the crop!"
Awesome Writer Award - For being an AMAZING & TALENTED writer!!

WAY TO GO AVA GRACE!!! One school year down, 12 more to go!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment