Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What Goes Around Comes Around...

All of my life, my mother has said, "what goes around comes around" or "paybacks are hell." I have known that those sayings are oh so true, but I experienced it first hand last week!!

We traveled to Austin for my niece Marlee's 5th birthday and some family time at the lake. Marlee's party was on Wednesday and we stayed in Austin with my brother, sister-in-law and their three kiddos. Thursday was reserved for the girls to play together, but it started off with a little "payback."


When I was about six years old, my brothers were supposed to be watching me while my parents were at work. Needless to say, they were not!! So, I proceded to lock myself in my mom and dad's room and cut my bangs. I had watched mom do it before and was sure that I could too. NOT PRETTY!!! My mother was FURIOUS at me!!! I have heard the story numerous times over the past 24 years. So here it is "coming around"...


We, as in me, Molly, Emma Beth, Ava Grace and Marlee, were talking about how long AG's hair had gotten as the girls were sitting down to breakfast. I think I was feeding Annabelle when the next thing I heard was "Ava Grace, I don't think you should do that" come out of Emma Beth's mouth. I told AG to sit down for breakfast and as she re-entered the room, she was holding a handful of hair. She smiled at the girls and said that she changed her mind and wanted short hair. Yes, folks, she cut it herself - PAYBACK!!


She picked it up and whacked it!! I now have a baggy with her hair and we are not talking first haircut - inch. We are talking INCHES!!!


We did go today to try to have it fixed. Kacy tried to blend it by cutting some layers and feathering it so that it wasn't so obvious, but it is the first thing I see. It did look cute when we left the salon but after a nap, this is what we get...

No comments:

Post a Comment