Saturday, February 25, 2012

Boy, Oh Boy!

So we have been a little busy the last 3 weeks, but...
We finally did it! The 4th time is a charm!! It's a BOY!!
Landis Doc Falls was born Friday, February 3rd at 5:39 p.m.
He weighed 9 lbs. 4 oz and measured 21 3/4 inches
He is pure perfection!!!

This go around was a little less crazy than the birth of his sister, Adalyn Mae. First of all, the midwives made it!! They were actually in Lubbock doing appointments with other mommies on Friday. Convenient!! I myself saw them at 11 a.m. and they said that I was super close to having a baby - I was a day past my due date, so I would hope I was close. Anyway, they wanted me to do a few things that might help progress things and though I was open to it, I was still a little apprehensive. The list included: castor oil, pumping and walking, two of which didn't sound terrible. Hesitantly, I took one dose of castor oil (they wanted me to do a possible 4 - no way!!) at 1 p.m., finished my errands in Lubbock and headed home about 2.

When I arrived home, I just kept feeling like this is happening soon... I called Neno! I was having pretty regular contractions, but was second guessing myself to some extent. Even after 3 kids, I thought the initial contractions would be more intense, but anyway, I texted the midwives and told them I was having a lot of activity and be ready to head my way. Their response was "Cool".

I proceded to do a few things around the house and then sat down to start watching Grey's Anatomy when I felt the urge to pee - again. I knew I had just gone and reluctantly got up and headed to the girls bathroom... good thing! My water broke!! It was about 3:30. My first call was to the midwives so that they would get on the road from Lubbock to our house. The next was to Neno to see where he was. He was about to turn on our road. With that, I breathed a sigh of relief.

Here is where this pregnancy/labor was different than the other, yet again, I didn't feel like this baby was about to drop out. I was walking around, still talking to my parents and picking up stuff around the house. Neno arrived home expecting to catch another baby. He was definitely surprised to see me standing up in the living room like it was any other day.

We got Annabelle and Adalyn up from their naps and waited for Ava Grace to get home from school, on the bus, so that my dad could take them all to Jeremy and Beth's to hang out until the arrival of this baby. All of that is a blur to me - Mom and Dad had that covered!! Thank goodness for them.

The midwives arrived a little after 4. They did give Neno a scare when he read a text from them that said something about forgetting my chart at the hotel in Lubbock. He was convinced that they went back and he was starting to sweat. He even called them right before they got here just to make sure they weren't lost.

Once they arrived, they checked the babies heart rate and had me get up and walk around. At that point, my contractions became more intense and more frequent. Neno and the midwives joked that this could go on for hours, they were watching TV and we even said I could've had a water birth. They acted like we had all the time in the world. I on the other hand announced that we were having this baby by 5:30 (I think it was 4:30/4:45 at that point). I stood in the living room having contractions, my mom took one last picture of Neno and I and about 5, we made our way to our room to have a baby.

I was sure I was ready to push, but for some reason this kid wasn't just zipping right out like all of the others. I was getting a little tired and the midwives had me role to my side to rest. I was much happier the way I was since the pain intensified. Little did I know that this kid was crowning along with an elbow. Yikes! The midwives worked to get the arm down so that the head would come out on its own. We are so thankful they were delivering and not Neno!! Adalyn was nothing compared to this.

Anyway, at 5:39 (I was 9 minutes off) we had a baby!!! Shana filled him over on my stomach and covered him in a towel. At that point, she told Neno, "I am not going to look, Daddy. You come do it."

He walked around the bed and lifted up the towel. He got a totally shocked look on his face and my mind instantly thought, he is shocked that it is another girl. I was wrong. He took a step back and his eyes lit up as he told me, "We got our boy." In total boy, celebratory fashion, he gave me a high five!! Then he came and gave me a kiss. I was still in shock and I actually asked if he was joking. He couldn't believe I thought he would joke about that. You never know with my husband.

I finally had the chance to turn him over and look for myself. But really for the first week, I still couldn't believe it really happened. We have a boy!

Nana meeting our little man. That is one proud papa!

The morning after and he is already wide-eyed!


Cuddling with daddy!

Showered with love by Ava Grace. The girls can't get enough!

Obviously, neither can we!

A lot has happened in 3 weeks and hopefully, I can get caught up, but I had to introduce you first.

3 comments:

  1. I still get kinda teary reading and hearing this story! Just LOVE it!!! And him, of course!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me cry! What a special, wonderful, amazing story for you and your family! He is just perfect! Glad you hurried and finished this blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your baby boy! Aren't they just wonderful!!!?? I hope you're getting to enjoy the newborn time. We're so happy for y'all!

    -Kristen

    ReplyDelete