Thursday, December 8, 2011

Neno has a birthday

In mid-November, the 17th to be exact, we celebrated my sweet husband's birthday. Though it wasn't a milestone birthday, it is definitely one he won't forget.

I had searched for week's for a wood burning stove for our house. He had mentioned really wanting one since before we were sure we were buying this house. Anyway, I was on a mission - internet, Fireplaces, etc., Craigslist, Ebay. I was on a true hunt. I even told his mom to keep a look out at garage sales. Her response was, "Yeah, right!" Well, it was meant to be. The weekend before his birthday, I found one!! Exactly what we wanted on Craigslist. It was in Sherman, close to his parents, and his mom helped me with meeting the owner, getting it paid for and his sister helped us get it picked up. It was a true family effort and it was from all of us, so it worked out well. He was a happy man!

I couldn't let it stop there, though. On Wednesday, before his birthday on Thursday, I attended Holiday Happening's Sneak Peek event with a friend. Since last year, I knew what I wanted to get Neno for his birthday, this year. In fact, I was supposed to buy it last year and chickened out. We are now expecting baby number 4. For anyone unfamiliar with this story, the item was a Vasectomy, donated by a well-known physician, for the Junior League to use in the silent auction. I was a very deteremined lady. I kept my eye on the clipboard all night. I even bid a time or two, but when they announced 5 minutes remaining, I went to stand guard. Little did I know, there was a woman that wanted it as badly as I did. She placed a bid, I topped it, she topped mine and so on. Finally, I asked her what it would take for her to back off, what was her limit on bidding. She told me about her deductible and how it wasn't worth using insurance for the procedure, blah, blah, blah. To that, I responded with, "Really, I am pregnant with our 4th child, this will be my second by midwife (totally my choice, but also much cheaper) and we have NO insurance. Oh and did I mention that my husband was mad that I didn't buy this a year ago." She didn't have much to say after that and they called for 1 minute. I placed my bid and surprisingly, she didn't top it. She was off to the side texting. I am sure it was her husband or friend and they were hearing all about it. Little did I know, she was just trying to be sneaky. They called time and as they did, she tried to reach over the League member that was collecting the boards and trump my bid. I politely put my hand on her arm and let her know that she couldn't do that. Bidding was over!! I won!!!! The fun part was that I really could give it to Neno for his birthday. He knew I was going to bid on it this time, but I wanted to keep it a secret that I had won until the next day. It worked!! I put the certificate in his birthday card.

He isn't embarrassed to tell anyone about his gift. I think he is pretty proud of both of his presents. Happy Birthday, honey!! I am sure it will not soon be forgotten. I love you and I am thankful EVERYDAY that you were born.

No comments:

Post a Comment