Monday, March 2, 2009

Very First Blog

I think I am officially linked to all of the outside world (people not in Lubbock) through Facebook, MySpace, Kodak Gallery, Snap Fish and now our family blog. Blogging is the newest experience and it will take me a while to get used to adding pictures and posting things, but I do like to write.

So here goes...

Since February 12th, I have been a stay at home Mommy and I love it. Neno and I knew long ago, that this would be the best choice for our family once we had two children and we could not have been more right!!

After Annabelle was born, we weren't sure that we could do it and a week before I finished my maternity leave, Neno was given a raise that was significant enough for me to be able to stay at home. Obviously, he was doing well at his job (Diversified Lenders - started October 2008) and as much as he thinks this job is the right fit, they feel the same about him. So here we are! We put all of our faith and prayers in God's hands on this one and he provided!! He is so good!

So far, since I have been home, we have dealt with a sick kiddo (Annabelle had bronchitis), had our first play date at Legacy Play Village (thanks Belle and Amelia), attended two Life Tranformation lunches (my bible study) and made a trip to Granna's with Aunt Bess (Jeremy's new wife Beth).

The trip was last week and we had a great time with family. Beth and I set out Wednesday night with the girls. After a little detour, we arrived at 1:45 a.m. and then went on to stay up talking with Carol and Holly until 4 a.m. I haven't done that in a long time.

On Thursday, I ventured into Dallas for my 93 year-old grandfather's hernia surgery to sit with my mom and dad. All went well and he is back on his feet. I got some really great time with my parents just to talk and catch up.

After lots of playing and great conversation, Beth and I got back on the road Saturday to come home- no detours this time. So here we are at Monday and my new family blog. I make no promises how good I will be at keeping up with this but the girls are in bed for naps and I am off to a good start. We will see how it goes...

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet picture....what pretty girls you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! It is so fun to be able to keep up with you even though we aren't in LBK! Your sweet girls are getting so big. Let's get together next time Chris, Crockett and I are in town!

    ReplyDelete