Sunday, June 21, 2009

Am I Cute?

We have been working on consistency in disciplining Ava Grace. That includes holding to a promise made for punishment. So, that brings me to today's blog.

Before Church this morning, my darling angel was throwing a bit of a fit in the parking lot. She was whining and stomping her feet to get Neno to pick her up. I politely grabbed her by the arm and walked her between two cars in the parking lot. As I tried to talk to her about how she should be acting, she continued with the attitude to which I then promised a spanking when we got home.

I am going to credit the great message that we heard this morning and the celebration of Father's day with my memory loss of that spanking. Hours later, Neno remembered and asked me and Ava Grace about it.

When I asked her about that spanking and whether or not she remembered why she was to receive one, she responded with her stock answer of "I don't know." That was quickly followed with I don't need a spanking because "I AM CUTE!"

As Neno and I laughed, it continued. "Mommy am I cute?" "Daddy am I cute?"

I guess our discussions now will be to reassure her that she is awfully cute, but that does not get her out of punishment.

I love the innocence and logic of my almost 4 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment